Fly Virtual allows its members a place to enjoy the flight simulation hobby and the privileges of flying and logging hours in a community environment.
Our rules are listed in the main page welcome block and in our Member Information pdf, which can be found via the link on the main page welcome block. Important highlights of these are listed below:
Fly Virtual allows pilots maximum flexibility to fly everything from realistic air carrier routes, to pattern work in a C172, to bush flying Alaska or the Congo. Military missions and aircraft are also an option.
There is no testing or hour requirements, letting you pick any aircraft you want to fly. Pick any route and if it’s not in the system, just create your own flight in smartCARS 2 or in our comprehensive charter system. Yes, you can fly a C-152 on an American Airlines schedule if you like.
General Membership Information
- Fly Virtual is a virtual aviation network supporting flight simulation enthusiasts and the virtual aviation community
- All members must be at least 13 years of age
- We support Flight Simulator 9 and X (both boxed and Steam), Prepar3d and X Plane Simulators (X Plane must be running on Windows – sorry no MAC support)
- Membership is free
- Members must install our SmartCars 2 flight logging client for use when flying – Windows XP and earlier are not supported
- We do allow 125 hours to be transferred from Virtual Airlines and or verified on a Vatsim account
- Vatsim membership is not required, but encouraged
- New members must fly their first flight within 30 days
- Members must fly at least 1 flight per month to remain active
- Pilots can request leave if they are going to be unable to fly for extended periods
- Double dipping (flying the same flight for 2 different VAs at the same time is not allowed)
- Membership is a privilege and Fly Virtual reserves the right to terminate pilots without notice
Some virtual airlines have very strict flight standards and others have none at all. Flying to the strictest standards does not allow for new pilots to learn but, flying with no rules is pointless as there is no challenge. We have adopted just a hand full of basic rules allowing room for the newest pilots to the most experienced.
- Reasonable airmanship is expected on each flight
- We understand flight sim glitches & problems
- Our landing rate goal is -600 fpm or less
- Entering a comment when flight expectations are exceeded will almost always be considered favorably
- Time acceleration, slewing, unlimited fuel & inflight refueling are not allowed
- Changing aircraft after starting SmartCars is not allowed
- Flights may be paused at any time for as long as a pilot wishes
- Diverts are allowed with the following considerations
- Normal planning requirements will be reviewed before approval – example: was departure fuel correct for the flight route plus VFR/IFR reserves
- Must add a comment to your report with these items: State the flight is a divert, Divert ICAO and Reason for divert - Example: Diverted to KLGA. Weather below landing minimums
Along with activities like product giveaway events and tours we provide forums, TeamSpeak and an FS Host multi-player server for member use.
Of course we expect those to be used in a respectful manner at all times and not be exploited for non-Fly Virtual ventures.
When using our forums is also a friendly place to get to know your fellow pilots, share your experiences and adventures or get some help.
Website/Internet Use Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions refer to the website and apply to the entire website, SmartCars, TeamSpeak and FS Host.
License to use the Website
Fly Virtual holds the intellectual property rights of information contained on the website except those for which fair use applies or others have rights to. Any use of information found on the website is for member personal use only and cannot be republished or distributed by any means for any reason. Standard copyright laws apply.
Any links or information published that might infringe on other copyrights or is placed on the site for any type or personal or commercial gain will be removed without notice. Sanctions may be placed on members publishing or submitting such items including termination. Fly Virtual reserves the right to report illegal activity conducted by its members.
Using this website in any way to damage or impair its operation, or in any way which is illegal, unlawful, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with such purpose or activity is prohibited.
Use and access to the website is restricted and accessible by user ID and password. User ID and passwords are for personal use only and are not to be distributed in any way.
Any information or content submitted by members becomes the property of Fly Virtual and may be published on the website. Certain information is considered confidential and only available to staff members. Fly Virtual being a non-commercial venture with free use by its members will never sell or other distribute member information.
Fly Virtual collects the following personal information:
- Information that you provide by registering as a member of
- Information about your use of the website
- Any other additional information you provide
Fly Virtual may use this information in the following ways:
- Administer the website
- Personalize the website for your activity
- Enable your access to and use of the website services
- Publish information about you on the website
- Send you information via email
Fly Virtual is based in the United States. No matter where you are located, you consent to the processing and transferring of your information in and to the U.S. and other countries. The laws of the U.S. and other countries governing data collection and use may not be as comprehensive or protective as the laws of the country where you live.
Fly Virtual generally retains personal data for so long as it may be relevant to the purposes identified herein. To dispose of personal data we may delete it or take other appropriate steps. Data may persist in copies made for backup and continuity purposes for additional time.
Fly Virtual takes organizational and technical precautions within reason to protect any data submitted and contained on the website.
If you agree with our Rules and Regulations, you may continue to fill out the Application by clicking below.