Welcome To Fly Virtual
Fly Virtual Discussion Board

Main Search Team

Main Forum » FS2004/FS9 » FS2004/FS9 Users

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: FS2004/FS9 Users (Read 29 times)
Randy Dettmer COO
Administrator
Senior Executive Captain

Total Posts: 59
Posted at: 02-06-2017 12:12:51 pm

We have several pilots that use FS2004/FS9.  This is a place to list your pilot number so that other can find/contact each other for information on the sim.  Please reply to this topic with your Pilot ID number if you are still using this sim or have significant experience with it and wish to help others when needed.

Feel free to start threads here as needed for help, support, info 

Will Barker SBGL HM
Executive Captain

Total Posts: 10
Posted at: 21-06-2017 03:40:22 am

Well, FS9 is really all I know. I currently refuse to switch to FSX or P3D. I do have both and I use them sometimes for GA flying. However, since all my paywares are FS9 I am holding out for as long as possible. I have a PC that can run P3D and FSX quite well, so you can only imagine the performance I get on FS9. I have over 10 years of exprience with FS9. I also specialize in the Fly The Maddog MD82, Ifly 737NG, Level D 767 PMDG MD-11 and the QW 757.

Feel free to email me with any such questions. williamgbarker1993@gmail.com

[img]http://status.ivao.aero/405865.png[/img]

[url=https://imgflip.com/gif/1r95y6][img]https://i.imgflip.com/1r95y6.gif[/img][/url]

Jay Antunes
Senior Fleet Captain

Total Posts: 2
Posted at: 02-07-2017 12:02:35 pm

I agree with you Will i'am in the same boat as you are. i have so much time invested into FS9 scenery planes ai traffic and etc hard to switch altho i'm trying to change but i love FS9. 

Last updated by Jay Antunes on 02-07-2017 12:03:24 pm.

Garo Soghomonian
Executive Captain

Total Posts: 2
Posted at: 06-10-2017 01:25:27 am

Hello fellow fs9 simmers, 

I have started my flight simulation in early 1980s , with the first versions of Microsoft. As you know, we have landed on the most stable version from Microsoft, FS2004 or FS9.  I concur with Will, and Jay, I have accumulated so many planes in my fs9 aircraft folder and many hours of flying on laptops and PCs that do not require much horsepower, it has become the norm for me.  I have bought FSX and installed and flew many planes with it. The primary reason I stay with FS9, besides the fact that it is stable, it has been very flexible with being compatible with many add-ons and sceneries as well as other programs that I have installed and now have become part of my flying, I have added FSRecorder, which is a much more versatile than the default Instant Replay program. I have downloaded and use FSNavigator for fs9 , which is an integral part of my flights. I know there is an equivalent program (FSTramps) for FSX, however FSNavigartor has grown on me.  During the years, many people have created planes of many kinds for fs9 which are freely downloadable. The sceneries aren't too bad either in fs9 . 

I just wanted to express my opinion about fs9 as it is still maintaining its dedicated membership and continuing its robust reputation.

Garo

GSS931

Pages: [1]