Welcome To Fly Virtual
Fly Virtual Discussion Board

Main Search Team

Main Forum » Fly Virtual Announcements » SmartCars Sound Packs

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: SmartCars Sound Packs (Read 544 times)
Diego Varela Rodriguez OMDB HM
Senior Fleet Captain
No Avatar
Total Posts: 18
Posted at: 17-09-2018 06:30:38 pm

Hi Jay,

I contacted Collin Biedenkapp from TFDi Design about this already some time ago, and although he was aware of the issue, he could not explain himself how this "limit issue" occured.
So yes, to answer your question, apparently there is a bug there, so what i did on my PC is the following:

I created a subfolder, where i keep most of my soundpacks "hidden" from the 'active' soundpacks folder. Let me show you what i mean:

The folder "soundpacks" is the folder where Smartcars2 reads the actual active soundpacks from, so i keep a maximum of 5-6 there, to avoid overload.
The subfolder (here called "= MORE" which i keep "on top" with the '=' sign) is where i keep all my other Soundpacks. It really just takes a second to copy and paste it in the "active" soundpack folder, for it to be recognized and used by Smartcars2. This is my own workaround, nothing endorsed by TFDi Design.

FYI: The Installers that i create and that you can find in our Download section, will point to the standard "soundpack" folder, but you can move them afterwards out of it if you installed more then 10 or so.

Hope this answered your question and helped you understand a bit more on how Soundpacks/Smartcars work. smiley

Kind Regards,

Diego Varela Rodriguez

Thomas Thompson
Senior Fleet Captain
No Avatar
Total Posts: 5
Posted at: 31-10-2018 12:05:15 am

Thanks Diego for the new soundpacks! They add so much to the immersion. Really appreciate all the work you put into these for us.

Tom

Diego Varela Rodriguez OMDB HM
Senior Fleet Captain
No Avatar
Total Posts: 18
Posted at: 04-11-2018 04:57:29 pm

Hi Thomas, 

You're welcome, glad to see you like it.

Kind Regards,

Diego Varela Rodriguez

Chris Wetzel
Captain

Posted at: 05-11-2018 12:28:57 am

Can someone point me in the right direction to install a new sound pack in smartcars?
Chris Wetzel
Captain

Posted at: 06-11-2018 12:42:27 pm

Didnt realize it needed to be extracted with winrar...  Think I got it set up right.  Ill find out for the next flight..

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5